As a creative team of photographers and editors we are always looking for uniquely talented individuals to join us; firstly because we love new ideas, and secondly, because we know how difficult it is even for skilled amateurs to find employment in the wedding photography industry on their own due to its fiercely competitive nature. So if you think you have what it takes to be a Second Shooter or Photo Editor in our company, feel free to apply below and we just might contact you if we like what you have to offer.
Some qualifications we value include: ● Gold Coast Academy of Design's Diploma in Photoimaging ● Griffith University's Bachelor of Photography (Run in conjunction with the QLD College of Art)
"While qualifications and hands-on experience are extremely valuable in the wedding photography industry, not having any doesn’t automatically disqualify you from consideration if you can show us evidence of your artistic flare and photographic mastery."
- Andrew Sun -
Do not send us images of your work (which if poorly compressed can clutter our inbox), but rather link us to your personal photography blog if you have one (WordPress, deviantART, Instagram etc.). Please also refrain from directing us to lots of photos of animals or landscapes. We are interested in your potential for capturing human beauty and emotion.
This position will require the successful applicant to be very flexible on weekends. If successful, you will gain precious experience in the Gold Coast Wedding Photography industry by working alongside our Head Photographer, Andrew. All work completed will remain the property of Andrew Sun Photography. The following requirements must be met to apply:
● Own at least 1 SLR Camera and Lens and know how to use it
● Be extremely passionate, self-motivated, and creative
● Must be available on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday each week
● Have an outgoing personality and superb communication skills
● Be willing to travel almost anywhere from Gold Coast to Byron Bay
This position will require the successful applicant to retouch professional Wedding Photos and be able to eliminate blemishes and correct imperfections. Colour enhancement and balancing is also a must. You will also be trained to use our company's exclusively developed Photo App. The following requirements must be met to apply:
● Be proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud
● Able to work to strict deadlines and under pressure
● Extensive knowledge of image optimization for web and print
● Minimum 2 years experience working in a digital production studio
● Considerable knowledge in both macOS Sierra and Linux Mint
To apply for one of the above positions, submit your details and resume via our Careers Form. Please do not email us directly.